How to Affiliate your Property
If you have a vacation home, a farm in the country or an apartment in the city that you´d like to offer for rent or sale through Casas Tropicales, we´d like to have a chance to learn more about it.
At Casas Tropicales, we show your property in an attractive and easy-to-use format that is as faithful as possible to the real version, including digital photos, a descriptive text, videos and the rental and sales conditions.
We offer you the possibility to rent your property for days, months and year-long periods to an exclusive clientele that has been previously screened by our management.
You may contact us vía email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our offices: Cra. 5A 35-11, La Merced Bogota D.C. Colombia Tel: (91) 338 0209 Cels: 57 311-810-5115 / 305-483-2919 / 311-810-3888
Once we have the basic information about your property, we´ll give you our appraisal, and let you know if we consider it a match for Casas Tropicales.
Some of the information we will need:
- Name and Location of the property (including google map coordinates).
- R.N.T. (your Registro Nacional de Turismo certification).
- Number of square meters of the lot and the construction.
- Capacity of Guests
- Number of Bedrooms
- Number of Bathrooms
- Amount of Parking Spaces
- Appliances included such as TV, DVD, stereo system, washing machine / dryer, dishwasher, wifi, etc.
- Other attractions such as swimming pool, tennis court, golf course, horses, other sports, jacuzzi, sauna, BBQ to name a few…
- Air-conditioning, ventilation, heating.
- Proximity to tourist attractions, including the sea, a lake, amusement parks, museums, etc.
- Domestic service.
- Is the property located within a private community or club?
- VERY IMPORTANT: High resolution digital photos of the property (minimum 180 pixels if possible), including the social areas (living and dining room, kitchen, TV room, bedrooms, bathrooms, gardens, pool area, etc.)
Once we´ve agreed to host your property in Casas Tropicales, we will establish the specific conditions / terms of our alliance:
According to the Decree No. 2119 of Nov. 15, 2018 by the Colombian Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, each property must have it´s own R.N.T. (Registro Nacional de Turismo) in order to be eligible for commercialization (Article No. 126.96.36.199.12.4). We have included a link for your consultation: DECREE NO. 2119
Please consult Decree No. 2063 of Nov. 1, 2018 by the Colombian Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism regarding inscription, contributions and general requirements: DECREE NO. 2063
As of February 1, 2019, this service will be available on-line. Please consult the website of the Colombian Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, CLICK HERE
In order to produce optimum results with frequent rentals, we request exclusivity in the management of your property.
We charge a minimal, one-time Affiliation Fee of USD $ 150 (this fee is subject to change without notice), and ask for 6 months exclusivity.
Our dedication and compromise with our homeowners is something we take very seriously. We know that you´re counting on us to promote your property, and from the very beginning we act professionally, responsibly and quickly to assure the adequate and respectful use of your home.
Some of the initial steps involved in the affiliation your home in our portal:
- Appointment in our offices to explain our protocols and review the terms of our alliance (including our management contract, rental contract, and sales contract). Additionally, we will ask you to submit other important information regarding yourself and the property.
- A visit to your home in order to establish the actual condition of the property and take promotional photos (at no additional cost to the owner).
- Assessment with inventory requirements.
- Assessment and advice in the proper management of domestic help and instructions for attending a Casas Tropicales client.
- Mounting the property in our website, verification and approval of the information shown herewith on behalf of the homeowner.
- First web promotion of the property to thousands of our clients.
Some important issues to be discussed between the homeowner and Casas Tropicales:
- Remuneration: Casas Tropicales works with each homeowner to establish net prices for High and Low Season rentals. List prices in our website are established based on our criteria, and may change without prior notice.
- Casas Tropicales is required by Colombian law to charge and declare 19% V.A.T. on our earnings.
- Any additional costs for services not included in rental price.
- Minimum and maximum stay (if applicable).
- Payment methods and fees.
- We manage two different price structures, High Season and Low Season. High Season: December 15 – January 15, Easter week, June, July, long weekends and holidays (according to the Colombian calendar), the October vacation week.
- Maximum Capacity of guests permitted within the property.
We are proud to offer each CasasTropicales homeowner a special and personalized attention, keeping in mind the specific needs and preferences of each person and property. It ‘s very important to us that you feel comfortable, well-attended and have confidence in our management of your home.