How to Rent a Property
At Casas Tropicales, we offer you the opportunity to get to know each property in a complete and faithful way in the comfort of your own home. We have an elegant, easy-to-use website in spanish and english that showcases more than 250 properties in the most touristically attractive regions of Colombia.
Casas Tropicales offers luxury apartments, villas, farms, and condominium and club properties throughout Colombia. Our website can be accessed on all mobile devices. We also offer an Online Chat service using WhatsApp in order to answer any questions or concerns you may have in “real time”.
Our properties are classified by area, capacity, type and other important criteria. After requesting a booking for the property of your interest via internet, a Casas Tropicales representative will contact you to confirm availability and provide options for the next step, the payment process.
Casas Tropicales properties are luxury family homes that have been conceived by their owners for their personal enjoyment, not just as an investment. These homes often have valuable artwork, antiques, furniture and other amenities that require consistent care and maintenance. All properties offer and require domestic service at an additional cost.
We are very careful when considering each potential client. When possible, the first time you rent with Casas Tropicales, we´d like to meet with you in person in order to better learn your necessities and desires. In the case of foreign clients, we ask for personal and professional references, and if possible try to program a virtual meeting via skype.
Our homes are perfect for families and small groups.
Each property offers domestic service and many amenities such as …
- Excellent design and decoration for maximum comfort.
- State-of-the-art appliances.
- Safe locations close to tourist areas of interest such as beaches, rivers, parks, museums, etc.
- In some cases, the properties are located within private clubs, condominiums and hotels with access to tennis courts, golf, waterskiing and social venues (at an additional cost).
- Internet access, cable TV and entertainment equipment is available where possible.
- Some properties are available for events such as weddings, luncheons, first communions, baptisms, photo shoots and filming. Special rates and terms apply.
Some important information to consider when renting with Casas Tropicales:
- We give priority to family groups.
- We respect the maximum capacity of guests stipulated for each home as referenced in our website. Additional guests are not permitted without previous consent from the home owner and at an extra cost.
- The reservation is made with 100% payment of the total rental fee. In some cases we may accept a payment plan of 2+ payments. Cancellation fees apply.
- Our prices DO NOT include 19% V.A.T.
- Our website offers prices in Colombian pesos as well as U.S. dollars. There is a conversion button in the upper left hand portion of the home page. The exchange rate changes daily according to the TRM.
- We accept credit and debit card payments on-line with Visa and MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club, as well as presential payments in our offices. All credit and debit card transactions will have a 5% surcharge.
- High Season:December 15 – January 15, Easter week, June, July, long weekends and holidays, Vacation Week in October.
- Casas Tropicales requests a minimum rental period of 2 nights, and a 3 night minimum during 3-day Holiday weekends. During the New Year, a 7 night minimum stay is required in order to reserve the date of New Year´s Eve. During Easter week (Semana Santa) a 6 night minimum stay is required.
For Casas Tropicales, it´s a pleasure to offer customer service 24 hours daily… before, during and after your rental. If there is any need or concern during your stay, just give us a call and we´ll try to solve your inquiry in the most efficient manner possible.
We look forward to seeing you soon!